Thursday 17 January 2013

Slumber Party Massacre (1982)

★★☆☆☆
1982 Santa Fe Prod
Michelle Michaels, Robin Stille
Color, 77mins
The Slumber Party Massacre 

      What the fuck did I watch? This is quite possible the most mediocre 80's slasher film I have seen in a long time. The killer has no mystery to him, the kills are bland, and the characters are flat. 
     The first kill leave's you going, power drill fuck yeah! Then when he starts chasing people down with this clunky tool it loses its charm fast.
      In these films I want variety, I don't want some average Joe (who by the way sounds like he's wearing spur's, every step he takes jingles) killing people the same way. I want an unstoppable force, always one step ahead of the protagonist.
       I understand that this is an exploitation film, and don't get me wrong I kept an open mind. Up until that one chick eats a dirty ass pizza on top of some dead guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment